Wednesday 15 February 2012

Chilli, rocking and jogging

In an effort to stop interesting things from piling up again, I 'm gonna try to keep this blog updated. Let's see how long that lasts...

So, the past week hahas been pretty good. On Saturday, I had Genki rehearsals, which were followed by a chilli cook off and bar-hopping. Sunday was a chance to catch up with my laundry and have a 'One Piece' marathon. Monday, was work, followed by a massive food shop, followed by jogging and hot dogs for dinner :D

As usual, rehearsals went well but we were all a little too energetic to keep focused on the scene for very long and it took longer to run through than usual. Good job, Malcolm, for not hitting your head on the table :D
After that, many of us made ways to Mary's house for the chilli cook off. I managed to forget my chilli powder, peppers and cumin but made do with salt, pepper and my special meat seasoning from home. Thankfully, I managed to scrap together a pretty tasty, meaty chilli of which none remained :D


There were 4 tasty chilli's, 2 meat and 2 vegetarian. EVEN though Philip's had no meat, I have to say, I think he won the competition. Completely seasoned from scratch with no help from prepackaged sauce or spices, the 'kick' was perfect, the veggies tasty and the chilli, pretty awesome (still needed meat ;) ). I'm happy to accept a joint-second place with the others although each chilli had it's own flavour and were each winners in their own ways :D

After that, I came back to the city to meet up with other JETs who were watching a friend perform. Some people finished off the night with karaoke and the rest of us headed off to another bar for stimulating conversation...

Sunday was Sunday but on Monday, I started my jogging regime! I almost didn't do it. I almost caved in. I got home late and wanted dinner but I pushed myself out the door and jogged-walked-jogged-walked for 20minutes and stretched for 20minutes. Felt awesome afterwards although I may have done too much. Gonna increase the brisk walking and reduce the jogging a bit.

I had Kyudo on Tuesday and yesterday and finally remembered to get a picture of me in my gear...



One of my teachers said I'd be able to go for my first grade one year after I began Kyudo, which will be August. He also complimented my form and said I would pass, so #insert fist pump# I'm well pleased :D
Until next time xxx
p.s. Finally learnt how to insert pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment